Tuesday, April 1, 2008



Ewan McGregor - Hamlet
I picked Ewan McGregor to be my Hamlet because first of all he is my favorite actor but at the same time based on his genre of films, which differ almost every movie he stars in, he has the talent to play the crazy Hamlet portrayed in Shakespeare’s play. I think he could really pull off a new spin to Hamlet and it would make the play even more enjoyable.



Kate Winslet – Ophelia
I picked Kate as my Ophelia because I first saw her on the blog in one of the Hamlet clips and ever since then I really think she would play the part the best. Her fiery red hair and perfect features would really add to her performance also. I think she could play the “mad” scene really well because she is an extremely talented actress.




Hayden Christensen – Laertes
I picked Hayden as Laertes because he is an amazing actor and I really think he could pull the heroic stuff after watching him as Darth Vader in Star Wars. I mostly pictured Laertes as a young man, but older then Ophelia but extremely good looking, competition for Hamlet especially when they fight about who loves her the most in Act 5. I think with his boyish charm he could really pull off an amazing performance.


Gwyneth Paltrow – Gertrude
I picked Gwyneth mostly because she has stared in a lot of Shakespeare type movies and I think she could really pull off the stunning, but strong features of the Queen. She is a stunning actress first and foremost and I really think she could blow people away with a performance like this.

No comments: