Friday, March 7, 2008

Grow From Your Past.



“Slow Dancing”

Here I am at 12:36 am, at a loss for words I cannot hide from my frame.
The air is sour and still, filled without words to keep me from myself, on my way to what I have yet decided streetscape
I drink some water which keeps me going and strong to have such strength keeps me faithful
In. The streets look for something I used to love, I used to trust, or me. They swirl me with touches of tension I once felt many moons ago before the stars clouded my senses, its unfair how they leave me so heavyhearted, why on me, I have only swept
through it, them, as the feeling of sounds and touch being sipped on others now that I have slipped years almost ago, and the man I once known, the man I had once known, gone & telling.
Who would have thought that I’d be here, nothing would have stopped me then, nothing would have come so close, nothing would have kept me too far away, everything would have stopped me though, ideas of emotions would keep me running all the miles in the world and I would never stop, not for you or them, I would be a lost cause.
Up in the sky they saw something more then I saw myself, now more then ever before?
Not that I stopped running I just ran in and saw dark coat eyes penetrating everything I have ever once believed in & used to believe in.
Not that I ever stopped believing, at seventeen, who was going to have to go, careening into life at full speed so.
To think & to think so much keeps ourselves from being happy into the future just imagine so to go.
Not that we or who from the very first meeting I would never & never ask for a chance at emotional connections into the idea of knowing I’m at risk & so demanded
To myself & who will never leave me, not for you, nor you, nor even for the one I allowed to reach the best of me which is
Only our human lot & means more then yourself.
No, not you.
There’s a song. “Bold As Love”, but no, I won’t do that
I am 17. When will I die? Will I never die. I will live to be something better then what I have allowed myself to be, & I will never go away, & you will never escape from me who am always & only a dreamer, despite this occasional, Spirit
Who lives only to her senses.
I’m only human, & I am not afraid to love, & I didn’t risk it all for nothing it meant more then what I could comprehend.
I came into your life to show you there was more then just running and fleeing from oneself
There was the newness of trust
The faith in keeping strong
This & that, and you are my fate, nevertheless
I take one last time to prove
The world’s one slow song that never changes beat unless we allow ourselves to quicken the pace instead.

1 comment:

Katie S6 said...

Besides my research paper this is my favorite thing we did throughout the whole year. I remember it took me hours to come up with something i liked but i wrote this draft in about an hour and i loved the whole thing. I am so proud of how it came out and that it also made sense because Ted Barrighan is a tough guy to keep up with.