Monday, March 24, 2008

Spinning Towards Success



With the stadium lights cascading down on my face, the sound of the cheering crowd behind me adds to the excitement. As we start I let my flag conduct a show of its own with the flow of the music. It leads me through one song to another, set by set as my flag sails through the air tightly in my grasp. By the end of our performance I can feel the rush from the entire ensemble as we clear the field with hopes of scoring well. We wait patiently until the judge announces our first place victory and everyone erupts with joy, all our hard work and dedication pays off.
A year ago I had never had been apart of anything that made me as happy as the as colorguard does. My close friends were apart of the team in the winter and had asked me to join numerous times until I decided to give it a try. I even remember my first practice and everything I felt that night. I would channel all of my nervous emotions into concentration and when the music started I just spun, trying to keep with the pulse. I have dedicated hours of time working to become better.
Being apart of such a team I have also grown to appreciate the sound of music much more then I ever have before. I have always had a love for music since I was in middle school. I attend local concerts every month or so and have met some of my closest friends while doing so. The next coming month I’m attending four shows that are bound to be amazing. With the same kind of passion for music as I do colorguard I hope to one day learn beyond what I know in the field. I would love to write about local musicians aspiring to be something great and inform others of what I think is worth tuning into.
Colorguard has symbolically taught me a lot about my current life and what will soon become. Being apart of such a dedicated team has shown me that even late in the game I can still catch up with a lot of hard work and a few challenges. I also have grown a lot of patience and know that things take time to become perfect. I have also learned to manage a lot of my time and keep an organized schedule which allows me to complete school, job, and team work. I plan using these qualities for the rest of my life, especially through the next couple of years where I know my life is going to completely change. I hope to develop some long lasting ones also in college and beyond that for as long as I live.

1 comment:

Katie S6 said...

I love my college essay mostly because its all about me but i get to really open up myself to the kind of person i am at heart but also let others know what i truly love in my life. Here color guard would be that.